Our mission is to be a child’s voice in court. We recruit, train, and support lay volunteers who act as advocates on behalf of the best interests of children who have experienced abuse and neglect.
Our vision is to ensure that every child involved with the Jackson County Family Court due to abuse or neglect will grow up in a safe and permanent home.
- Connection – We believe that every person deserves meaningful relationships with supportive and loving adults, family, and community and preservation of their cultural heritage, traditions, and identity.
- Respect – We value people of all backgrounds and identities and believe that every person deserves to be honored, included, and heard.
- Collaboration – We recognize that effective progress and problem-solving require diverse voices, ideas, and perspectives.
- Integrity – We honor our commitments to our children and the Court with transparency, honesty, and fairness.
- Responsibility – We maximize our resources and support through accountability to our children, stakeholders, and community.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We advocate for children knowing every child deserves a safe and stable home. As a community of staff, volunteers, and supporters, Jackson County CASA believes that family preservation is in a child’s best interest when it is safe. We practice cultural humility by collaborating with our children and families as the experts in their own lives. We recognize institutional discrimination, bias, and oppression adversely and inequitably affect our children and families, our community, and our child welfare system. We commit to challenging our own implicit biases and building a diverse and inclusive CASA community, as we continue to learn and grow alongside our children and families.
Our Commitment to Fair Hiring Practices
Jackson County CASA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer in all personnel decisions. It is the objective of the organization to hire individuals who are qualified for positions or employment by virtue of job-related standards of education, training, and experience and to avoid all unlawful employment and promotion practices.
Jackson County CASA provides employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, corrective action, and termination.
Consistent with its workplace policy of equal employment opportunity, Jackson County CASA prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Violations of this policy will not be tolerated. Discrimination includes, but is not limited to: making any employment decision or employment-related action on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.