To be a child’s voice in court. We recruit, train and support lay volunteers who act as advocates on behalf of the best interests of children who have experienced abuse and neglect.
Our vision is to ensure that every child involved with the Jackson County Family Court due to abuse and neglect will end up in a safe and permanent home.
Jackson County CASA’s Statement of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We advocate for children knowing every child deserves a safe and stable home. As a community of staff, volunteers, and supporters, Jackson County CASA believes that family preservation is in a child’s best interest when it is safe. We practice cultural humility by collaborating with our children and families as the experts in their own lives. We recognize institutional discrimination, bias, and oppression adversely and inequitably affect our children and families, our community, and our child welfare system. We commit to challenging our own implicit biases and building a diverse and inclusive CASA community, as we continue to learn and grow alongside our children and families.
Jackson County CASA’s Values
- Connection – We believe that every person deserves meaningful relationships with supportive and loving adults, family, and community and preservation of their cultural heritage, traditions, and identity.
- Respect – We value people of all backgrounds and identities and believe that every person deserves to be honored, included, and heard.
- Collaboration – We recognize that effective progress and problem-solving require diverse voices, ideas, and perspectives.
- Integrity – We honor our commitments to our children and the Court with transparency, honesty, and fairness.
- Responsibility – We maximize our resources and support through accountability to our children, stakeholders, and community.