We create opportunities — for you and for the children of Jackson County. We are currently hiring for the position of Case Supervisor. Apply by email with BOTH resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls regarding employment will be accepted.
CASA Case Supervisor
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Case Supervisor, the Case Supervisor will provide direction, support, and assistance to the CASA Volunteers who advocate in the Jackson County Family Court for the children served by the agency. In this role, the Case Supervisor will be guided by the best interests of the child and will work with the CASA team to make recommendations on behalf of the child in all matters.
Senior Case Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support CASA Volunteers in their work to advocate on behalf of the best interests of abused and neglected children under the jurisdiction of Jackson County Family Court. Serve as agency ambassador to CASA Volunteers.
- Consult with CASA Volunteers and Staff Attorneys to help determine recommendations for appropriate interim and permanent placements for children served by the organization as well as necessary services to assist the child and his or her family.
- Consult with CASA Volunteers and Staff Attorneys to prepare for Court proceedings and/or meetings in which CASA will be participating. Ensure CASA Volunteers feel supported and prepared for proceedings and meetings.
- If needed, participate fully in and be prepared for any meetings and Court proceedings related to the child in which Jackson County CASA has been appointed.
- Advocate for timely hearings, timely enforcement of necessary services, and timely enforcement of court orders.
- Maintain accurate records and internal database system on all current CASA cases and provide data as needed to staff for child-centered meetings, internal reporting, and grant requirements.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Frequent local travel to meetings anticipated.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree required, Bachelor’s degree in human services field preferred
- 1+ year experience in human services field required
- Experience supervising volunteers or employees required
- Successful completion of criminal background check and child abuse/neglect background check.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Submit a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.